>curious to know if there are many others that have the same 'doubts'?

>'do i like this record because it's by ....?'

sometimes but then I often find myself selling 'x' record because I later
find I never play it.

>'do i not like this record, because it's not what i expected (based on
reviews/label/artist)?'

mmmm, I don't read reviews that often anymore - but I will sometimes find
myself buying something because of some hype? not too often anymore

>'would i like this record if the name on the label would be ...?'

I've started to do this - grab stuff to listen to at a shop but then not
look at the name once I put it on the deck. blind listen of sorts. I've
also started again to listen to just about everything in the bins. You
never know who is going to have that one track that will seal the deal. And
once you're playing it in the mix who gives a rip - if it feels good it is
good. Critical spotters can go f*ck themselves. Shut up and dance.

>'do i like this record because everyone i know says it's good?'

I trust my ears

hope that gives you insight
MEK