From: Thomas D. Cox, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 3:45 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Trainspotting

From: Ian Malbon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Clearly we're not talking about American "football" here.
>
>Unfortunately, "Soccer" in the U.S. is a pastime left to mainstream
>parents who are obsessive most about their own children (most of
whom
>have purchased neither vinyl nor train tickets in their lives).
>
>The linkage is lost on most yanks.
>
>Sorry for the sidenote.  I'd love to imagine a future where lots of
>Detroit kids are into soccer/football and techno simultaneously...

why is that? do you have something against american football? it
is possible to like and play both sports you know. if you wanna be
one of those people who looks down on football because its so
physical then f*ck you. how about that? no offense to soccer (i
love the sport) but football is very much like chess and soccer
has nothing in that sort of strategy going for it. theyre both
good in their own way. i just hate people who talk down on
football because of some poor personal relationship they had with
jocks in high school or whatever. grow up.

tom

andythepooh.com