Well, I'll try and generate some banter. Apologies if some of this is
cross-posted.

Saw Bone (twice) and Pullen this weekend. Bone was very good (as usual) and
Pullen was better than I've heard him in a long time (although I didn't pay
a ton of attention). Bone played some of the forthcoming Subject Detroit
02-04 releases @ Fabric but I had no idea of telling when they were on. He
then played a track from 02 @ Plastic People Sunday morning which was rather
nice. Impressions are a bit vague from 8 or 9 am, so apologies for the lack
of detail.

Watched a good chunk of the Exhibitionist DVD on Friday. I think it'll
basically appeal to Mills fans and piss off anyone who doesn't like him or
is on the fence. It's pretty sloppy in parts, but it's unbelievably candid,
and you can switch between camera angles on-the-fly. Cool to watch his every
movement in that much detail. Definitiely worth checking out for fans.

Finally got my hands on Amp Fiddler's 'Waltz of a Ghetto Fly', and the Yam
Who remix of Only Child's 'Find a Way', on which he sings (and I think he
plays keys too). Have had about a week with them now. The Yam Who remix is
rather nice. Starts out with piano and vocal and slowly builds up some
slower beatdown steam. Nice keys all over this one. The album is fantastic.
There are a few songs on there that are going to blow people away I think,
particularly 'Waltz of a Ghetto Fly' (even has George Clinton on vocals as
the song winds down) and 'I Believe in You', which has some amazing backing
vocals and a really simple but crafty lyric. But the whole thing is
excellent. A proper album, from bigger P-funk moments to Love and War-style
soul. Don't expect anything uptempo really, but get ready for something
that'll really grow on you.

Also got the John Tejad and Arian Leviste on M&G a while back, but only
finally put it on recently. Have had a chance to listen to it once so far,
but there are somenice moments. On the whole, I'm less impressed with
Tejada's collaborative efforts, and this didn't really compare to their last
M&G release on first listen, but I think Tejada fans should definitely give
it a shake. If I have any lingering criticisms of him these days, it's that
I think he's filling up double-packs when he might only have enough quality
tracks for a 12", but I guess that's a minor point, and 'The Toiling of Idle
Hands' was an exception to that I thought.

Here's some new purchases from the weekend. Don't have them in-hand yet, so
these notes are just based on audio clips. Hoefully I'll get some more
detailed reviews out in the next week. Probably a few more to come as well.
Got these all @ Piccadilly, who've have loads of new stuff in over the last
few weeks. I really love that damn shop! :)

Kai Alce : M-7 - 12" (a tasty, dirty Detroit house groove. Not essential,
but nice)

Brothomstates : Rktic / Matala Bobo - 12" (Arcola thingy which everyone is
rightly spooing over)

Chef : Extraball (The Remixes) - 12" (Kemit Sources and Freaks remixes -
both sound hot)

DJ Genesis : Back In The Middle (The Remixes) - 12" (has that Theo Parrish
remix we all been waiting for - yay!)

Everyday People Feat. Loretta Heywood : I Can't Sleep - 12" (Spacek and
Afronaught remixes - a gorgeous vocal)

Mark Force : Running In The Red - 12" (not sure how I missed out on this
earlier. I know I had it in my cart at one point... Quality broken techno)
Franz Ferdinand : Take Me Out - Morgan Geist Re-Version - 12" (think: House
of Jealous Lovers remix, but slower, better, and this time with the vocal.
Coooool)

Inner Life : Moment Of My Life / I Like It Like That - 12" (Salsoul reissue
that Farley always caned in those WBMX mixes - one of my favorite Hotmix 5
classics)

Kerrier District : Kerrier District - 3xLP (Vibert gone disco)

K L : Smile / Life - 12" (this one slipped by unnoticed the first time -
'99. Kenny Larkin on KMS reissue. Feel dumb for not having it sooner...)

Monolake : Cern / White II - 12" (yummy)

Moodmusic Limited : Unreleased Vol.2 - 12" (guess I'm gonna have to track
down that Heinrik Schwarz as well, innit)

New Sector Movements : Sho You Right / Something - 12" (new NSM promo on
Virgin. Slow-mo broken soul - may as well call it r&b. Sounds tasty though)

Nu Era : Some Think Electronic - 2x10" (yet more broken techno, from the 4
Hero massive)

Osunlade & Nadirah Shakoor : Pride / Touched My Soul - 12" (repress. Dig
both tracks)

Recloose : Us Vs Us - 12" (was hesitant first time I saw it, eventually it
was the Kid Sublime remix that sold me. Real slow. Real good)

Franck Roger : Mascarade - 12" (deep house and broken beats a la Versatile.
Delivers exactly the quality you'd expect)

Arthur Russell : The World Of Arthur Russell - 3xLP (Very happy to have
Dinosaur L and a few others off of this, and hoping to learn about a ton of
his other stuff. Soul Jazz hooks my ass up!)

Sequel : Neptune, Moon & Mars / Upsolid - 12" (more very tech-y broken beats
on Sonar Kollectiv)

Dani Siciliano : Likes... - 2xLP (when I first heard the 'Come as you are'
cover on Gilles Petersen ages ago, it really left me cold, but on hearing a
few more clips I'm warming to it a bit. All seems to be pretty downtempo.
Will give fuller report in due time)

Siriusmo : Sirius EP - 12" (more Sonar Kollectiv broken beat madness)

Skyy : First Time Around - Larry Levan Mix / Call Me - 12" (more tasty
Salsoul reissue business)

$tinkworx : Whut / Yinmao / Mischa - 12" (Hopefully have the latest Delsin
one on the way as well)

Swag : Them Drums - 12" (why did I pass on this the first time? Both mixes
seem very tasty)

Martina Topley-Bird : I Still Feel It (Freaks / Jori Hulkkonen Remixes) -
12" (the Hulkkonen mix is a perfect middle-ground between his house and
techno stuffs. Sounds very deep)

Zoltar : Story Of An Age / Wah Wah - 12" (yet another Domu project, this
time also for Sonar Kollektiv. Passed on a few of his other more recent
things after his deluge of genius, but this one seems to be pretty on it)

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]