it goes well beyond that. at the time of these parties, a lot of the
participants, hell- even a lot of promoters, were well below the drinking
age.

today we scoff at it as highschool kids on drugs, but in many ways it was
a crazy youthful culture almost completely sustained by an entire
generation that weren't going to passivly wait for their b-day to pass so
they could enter the sterile world of socially approved entertainment.