There has been talk recently on the 313 and IDM lists
regarding the Force Inc family situation and
postulations being made.  Being a label owner myself
(Cognition Audioworks), it distressed me to see such
talk (I'm sure most label owners would like to see
their label succeed and have all their artists be happy
and successful and would not want to see negative
postulations being made).  I emailed Jon Berry (who was
the North American representative for the Force Inc.
family until he left to start his own publicity/representation company
(Regenerate Industries)) to see if he (Jon) could
clarify things on behalf of Achim (Force Inc. family
label owner).  Below is Jon Berry's reply:

"The past year hasn't been easy for Achim Szepanski
(the owner) and the Force Inc. family. I am not at
liberty to go into the details, but there has been a
level of uncertainty of the labels future for some time.

"I will say this. Through my years of knowing him,
Achim has never had any premeditated intention of
ripping an artist off, nor has he ever been very
communicative over the years with the artists on the
label - particularly over this past year. It was an
honor to work for the man, and his contribution to
electronic music over the years remains unparalleled.
Unfortunately, rumors and truths leave me saddened for
both the artists and the labels hopeful future."

Andrew Duke

Jason Trenholm was born 31 August 1969 and died
1 January 2004.  We met when we were 5 years old;
he was my best friend for the next 29 years.*****
Andrew Duke releases out now:
Take Nothing For Granted http://cognitionaudioworks.com
Environmental Politics http://and-oar.org
Sprung http://bip-hop.com
http://warprecords.com/mart/music/release.php?
cat=BLEEP12&fc_type=CD
*Canadian electronica album of the year nominee*
More Destructive Than Organized http://staalplaat.com
Highest Common Denominator http://pieheadrecords.com
Physical and Mental Health http://dialrecords.com
74'02 (split with Hypo) http://tsunami-addiction.com