On Feb 14, 2004, at 6:06 AM, Robert Taylor wrote:
It's Black Devil Disco Club - I think Luke Vibert discovered it at a car boot sale. Matt McQueen played it on his show last week - s'good - http://www.rephlex.com/2001releases/cat146/cat146.html

thanks Rob... yep it's on the Feb 6th show, at about 51:00, here's a link
http://sonicsunset.com/#6feb2004

if you haven't checked out a show in awhile, this one i was really happy with how it turned out "as a whole'", and i upped the quality to 128k MP3... still kind of all over the place stylistically tho :)

Huge tip o' the hat for Morgan Geist who turned me on to this Black Devil craziness... brilliant. he's been playing it for quite awhile and has the original (!) and all 4 tracks are really good /crazy / funky / italo /psycho / deep sh*t !

BTW - if you want that Feb. 6th show get it quick, in a day I'm gonna put up the Feb. 13th show, also featuring the new detroit Mahogani record by Kai Alce (M7) and some new Playhouse joint and brand new (killer!!) Iridite on downLow music as well.

peace
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com