Hi Matt
Theo didn't quite made it to 6 hours; just a little
over 5. An excellent set that wound its way between
house, disco, techno, soul, r & b, and stuff that fell
between all those. I own about 5 of his mix cd's (and
over 20 of his own releases), and still only
recognised a handful of the tracks he played. So many
times he had me scratching my head and thinking dam,
what is this? Is it old or new, or maybe his edit of
something? I guess the common thread running through
everything he plays is that *dirtiness*, grained
deeply into the woodwork of every offkilter sound.

There was no accounting for his enthusiasm. Bouncing,
bouncing, his eyes closed, head thrown back (and I
swear you could see the whites of his eyes at times,
their having rolled back in his head): he was a man
possessed. Like some voodoo. Or Stevie Wonder in full
gospel revelation. The dancefloor didn't always follow
him, sometimes coming to a standstill and then
dissipating, but still he'd be bopping, his eyes
closed so maybe he didn't notice. But then the
dancefloor would be full again, though I doubt he
would have seen it in all his absorption.

It's so refreshing to see someone so game to play some
of the tracks he did to a full club expecting
something. Such odd rhythms, weird vocal interludes,
slow tempos. I feel privileged to have witnessed it. A
few things could have made the night better. A smaller
more intimate club mainly: Melbourne's HiFi Bar is a
big rock n roll kind of venue that wasn't too good on
atmosphere. Not sure why they didn't hold it at the
much better Honkytonks. And not everyone seemed to get
it: I spoke to a few who were expecting something
different ("it's boring, he just doesn't seem to go
anywhere"). There's no accounting for taste I guess.

Cheers

CHris

Chris,  I've never heard Theo for 6 hours(!), but

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/25/1077676817589.html

http://au.movies.yahoo.com