Dominator - definitely not. I fell to peer pressure on this one when it
came out though. The guys at the local record shop were pushing it -
saying it's a huge hit, you'll love it. The thing is they'd usually be
bang on with my taste. I just bought it without listening - I don't
know... I just never liked Dominator.

Dominator was crap then and it's crap now, Gerald you used good judgment. :) Just cause a record was big does not make it great! I also want to throw in my vote for Vol. 2 "the dig continues" or something... It's pretty stunning just how many records R&S put out over their extended run of things. You know everyone who DJ's on this list could make a 'deepest shade of of R&S' mix and they would probably all by different, haaa.

Also that Greyhouse track I still play all the time, I mean I admit it has 'new beat-y' elements (the choral voices once and awhile back in the mix, and, uh, the Ice-T sample!?) but the Kraftwerk ripoff part is so massive it's got a huge warehouse feel to it. This also got picked up by Mark Imperial's _House Nation_ imprint (as the b-side of "Move Your Assit") and subsequently blew up here, still heard in a lot of acid house sets.

peace,
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com