        From: Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 10/03/2004 13:49
        To: 313@hyperreal.org
        Subject: RE: (313) Techno's Voice

        <snipping cool points...>
        Katrin said:
         breakin' up, hold up... Can you hear me now? Yeah. So what day did you
say?
        Oh yeah. Thursday's perfect, man.
        --

        Oh no, is that the video!? Man, I hate it when videos try and be a
movie!
        And yes, that sequence is cheesy as hell! I haven't seen or heard it
but it
        really annoys me when artists try to make the video more than it is AND
        FAIL! (Thriller is the classic example of the approach working.)
Hip-hop/R&B
        videos are a massive culprit, I remember that Fugees vid for 'Ready or
Not'
        when they're in helicopters, and flying around an sh*t! A cool thing
about
        techno is that it never went down that path, although a truly visual
        representation of techno is probably waiting to happen - I always
pictured
        the coolest scenes from Drexciya making it into videos, kind of a window
        into that world, an underwater dance party... and I guess it's people
like
        Jeff who are leading the charge with his DVD.

        Andrew