From: Brendan Nelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 March 2004 16:06
To: Katrin Richter; Andrew; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Aqua Boogie (was RE: (313) Techno's Voice)

I know what you mean about the sort of Drexciyan underwater dance party and
how hard it would be to capture that sort of thing on video!

I read somewhere that when Parliament made the "Motor Booty Affair" album,
the original plan was that it would be a soundtrack to a film Clinton was
hoping to make that was based on the concept of an undersea party - I always
thought that if that had been made (it never actually materialised) it would
be a pretty Drexciyan sort of video. As it stands the most appropriate
visual accompaniment to Drexciya's music that I've come across is that movie
"Atlantis" by Luc Besson (although with the sound turned off, of course)...

Another good Drexciya-style image is the cover of "Techno City" by EVIAN on
Techno Kut - I can't find it online, but it has a couple of line-drawn
starfish and squids hanging around holding SH-101s (with the extension
thingy you use to be able to play it like a guitar) and TR-808s in front of
an aquatic backdrop of seaweed and corals. The music is really nice on that
release as well; seriously proto-Drexciyan sound and visuals from 1988!

Brendan