I just picked up a copy of this. It is available at Amazon.com but I got it
at a local record shop (where he is signing copies tonight)

I have to say that while the production has it's moments of amateurism
(typos, layout could use some adjustments) it's an indispensable source for
CLASSIC hip-hop and early electro 12" vinyl

it's nice to see a new discog book that doesn't have CDs listed in it -
it's strictly vinyl EPs

Highly highly highly recommended for the hip-hop and early electro fans

since Freddy has history with everything from house and techno to breaks,
electro, hip-hop there are a few records listed that aren't strictly
hip-hop/rap

Everything is listed alphabetically by record label
lots of scans of record labels
his personal notes and a star system rating for rarity
it's a real labor of love this book

because it's the first addition there are a few things that could be better
- cross-references, no index, etc. but it's not so much a reading book as a
reference when you're digging. For that purpose it's fantastic. He's been
working on this for 3 years or so and it shows.

you can get it locally in Minneapolis for about $32.00 and at Amazon for
$39.99

There's a few Detroit labels listed as well

MEK