i think that's the sort of faux modesty you get from a lot of people when
they have one particular release that completely overshadows everything else
they've done.

for my nickles, you can't find a better mix CD than Claude's DJ Kicks. Not
only does it define a particularly exciting time in my techno education,
but it also sounds like no othe mix that i know is. It's minimal yet slow
and funky. Totally Detroit, yet when I listen to it now its seems to
foresee a lot of the Perlon, Sender, etc... microhouse sound.

There;s a few other Claude mixes that I enjoy. There;s a house music one
from 1996 radio broadcast floating on P2P. A lot of the others tend to be
blazing techno which isn't my thing.

And there's also the Berlin/Detroit double mix CD (which I think was a
Japanese release) with Claude on one disc and Rok on the other. Needless
to say, the Claude mix is better.