damn, man. why you always gotta be argumentative. ;)

it's not really when it comes down to it. FS has its own audio interface that
you -have- to use to use the program, ms.pinky allows you the ability to pick
and choose what you're working with, other then that the only extra piece of
gear is the phono preamps which are pretty tiny. if you're not looking to do
any expanded things with the software then FS is a good way to go, nothing
wrong with that. but if you're into a program that is A. only $100, and B.
will continually expand and offer new things, then ms.pinky is the way to go.
my friends who use final scratch are always complaining about how they won't
release the code and therefore the only expansions to the software are the
ones that the company introduces, and i guess they're not really, i could be
wrong, where alternately with ms.pinky any nerd with an idea can contribute to
the project. i think that sort of thing is important. and the designer is very
accessible and friendly and is constantly doing things to the program to
improve it.

josh23

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:58:30 -0500 (EST), yussel wrote
> that sounds like more effort and more stuff to carry around.
>
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, josh23 wrote:
>
> > the records have these high pitched tones on them. you run the turntables
> > out
> > into phono preamps and into an audio interface. and then run the audio
> > interface into the mixer and into your laptop. the laptop interprets the
> > signal and makes the mp3 do what you're doing with the record sends it back
> > through the audio interface and out through the mixer. it's good stuff.
> >
> > josh23
> >
> > On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:45:50 -0500 (EST), yussel wrote
> > > without the hardware, how does the analog turntable signal become digital?
> > >
> > > and honestly- FS was made by some creative freaks from Amsterdam who
> > > spent years working with underground DJs to develope the system. I
> > > don't find the fact that they then sold the fruit of their labor to
> > > a manufacturer a loss of cred. I find it sad that others then bit
> > > off their idea, tweeked it out a bit and are now trying to push
> > > their 'underground' status as a selling point.
> > >
> > > i know you're kinda joking, but its a valid point.

> > by the

(313)Final

Parker and

--