Tristan said:
"I don't want to buy this album because Moodymann albums seem to be designed
to miff fans - full stop, with the number of re-released tracks on almost
every one of them. It's not like *this* policy is designed to get the music
into the hands of those who want it most. It just seems to be antagonistic."

I don't get this at all -- at least not with the CD versions of the albums.
I like the way he puts old tracks in a new context, adds in some new
content, and makes it all flow. With the CDs, it's not as if he's simply
throwing the tracks onto a disc haphazardly -- and even that would be fine
with most of those who have neither the resources nor the desire to snap all
the 12s up when they're released.

I own just about all of the previously released tracks on Black Mahogani,
but I know I'm going to listen to I'm Doing Fine, Runaway, etc. through that
disc more often than the original vinyl now. (Obviously I am not a DJ.)