Heh, NO I DON'T WANT TO START ANOTHER PRICE DISCUSSION, but ... I just
paid the highest price ever for a domestic 12" for '4 Jazz Funk Classics'
because A) Cheaper than Ebay and it's new and B) My Machines is my jam going
back to when Teep sent me a cassette of the 'petri dish' Planet E comp.

Here's what I'm curious about -- the stampers for making vinyl records
wear out fairly quickly, hence the whole 1, 2, and 4 stage stamper process.
When a record like this is re-issued, does it get re-cut or do they re-use
the original metal mother? What do they do when the metal mother wears out,
re-cut it?

If anyone cares, Ron Murphy cut this one and the A side has "No Hype, But
Reality! Made In Detroit" and the B side has "In Memory of Miles Davis -
Your Music Gave Us All Hope Of Doing Hot Music" in the run-out.