Well, www.allmusic.com has some good information, especially some of the artist
biogs - which are often very well written, but their discographies are often
far from complete. Unsurprising perhaps since they do seem to actually try to
live up to their title by covering all music.

My favourite site isn't exactly a discography, it's a break spotter's site

http://www.the-breaks.com

dedicated to working out the breaks of hip hop tunes. As such it doesn't really
cover samples used in house and techno

(though check here for these:
http://www.jahsonic.com/Sample.html
http://www.21st-centuryhouse.at/portal/housemusic.html )

The most 'electronic' artist you might find on there might be DJ Food or Wagon
Christ for example.

However, it's really handy for looking up info on albums, labels, year of
release etc mainly because it contains an absolutely huge amount of data (e.g.
almost 200 tracks listed as sampling 'Funky Drummer') collated by thousands of
nerdy hip hop trainspotters (including myself once upon a time) digging through
dusty old crates of everything from the usual suspects such as soul, funk,
jazz, psyche etc to spoken word, progressive rock and Israeli folk songs. In
case you were wondering - there is indeed a breakbeat that someone found on an
Israeli folk record!

I've mentioned this site on 313 before, but I feel like I should keep bringing
it up simply because I learnt so much and discovered such a vast amount of
amazing music through this site. It was my gateway into the funk, disco and
soul that underlies so much of the music we talk about on this list.