From: Dan Bean [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 April 2004 2:57
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) something weird/abe duque, the hand inside the glove
puppet?

Hello all

Two points - 1st one may actaully be quite important for list peeps:

1. Just got one of those spam emails that mimics a delivery failure notice
and has an attachment that supposedly contains further info. I've never
opened these in the past but have trashed them on the assumption that the
attachment contains a virus or the like. Anyway, what you might all wish to
know is that I just got one from the following address!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My initial reaction is obviously not to open it and to warn you all. Can
anyone confirm whether this is the correct response or alternatively tell me
if in fact it is a bona fide message - I've never received messages in this
form from hyperreal before so I'm not 100% sure whether to dismiss it or not
+ it seems to be totally out of any context.

2. Abe Duque has been mentioned recently on 313. Don't know much about him
myself but got sent a copy of the new DJ Hell LP and noticed the following
message when reading the liner notes in true trainspotter geek fashion:

'All tracks written and produced by DJ Hell'

then a bit further down:

'All tracks written, programmed and produced by Abe Duque'

What is this all about? Has Hell done a Milli Vanilli or is there a more
reasonable (and less libelous) explanation?

Opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not Entergy-Koch Trading Limited or its affiliated companies.
This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies
and forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently
transmitted from the Company, are confidential and solely for the
use of the intended recipient. It may contain material protected by
attorney-client privilege. If you are not listed on the "To" or "Cc"
lines of the original email (or are not the person responsible for
delivering to an intended recipient), then you are not an intended
recipient and have received this email in error.  Any use by an
unintended recipient is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT manager
by telephone on +44 (0)20 7337 8300 or via email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], attaching this message. Please
then delete this email and all attachments, and destroy any copies
thereof.  Thank you.

  • RE: (313) something weird/abe duque, the hand insid... Blackman, Ryan (UKEKT)