From: "J. T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>sure! there's definitely a conceptual argument there. but even
beyond that,
>i hear some of the same sort of notes, tonality, musical ideas,
in some
>stuff. i dont know enough about music to describe it more
clearly. but for
>instance theo's "heal yourself and move" has a piano riff that
very much
>reminds me of old blues...and tho it's not uniquely techno,
portamento and
>pitchbend can remind back to blues a lot...i dunno, i hear a lot
of the same
>feelings coming thru, but maybe it's just because i have heard so
much
>blues..

the blues is pretty much the grandfather of modern music anyway.
nearly everything has been influenced by it in some way: rock,
heavy metal, funk, soul, hiphop, jazz, reggae/ska, etc etc. it
might not be immediately apparent, but everything sort of goes
back to it in the continuum of music. it would only make sense for
house and techno to draw from it as well.....

tom

andythepooh.com