Hi everyone, happy Wednesday. May 5th is officially 62 minutes old at this time.

Ok, i got a big box from Submerge yesterday. A lot of it was back stock that I'm not going to review, but here is a short set of opinion based reviews starting with:

Hieroglyphic Being - Machines for Lovers - Spectral Sound : I think its a brilliant record, but it took many listens for me to figure it out. I heard at the record store under much less than ideal circumstances and didn't like it at all that time. I may have even written the list and called it 'noise' based on that less than ideal experience and some limited sound clips. I think its only disguised as noise with a seemingly simple beat (very low kick drums) and a couple chords thrown in and looped, but its actually a really complex network of sounds. Think orlando voorn and (of course) matthew dear. Machines for lovers (at least the two outside tracks) is kind of like the first time you see a painting by Kandinsky, you might like it right away, it might take you 5 months (maybe never) but once (or if) you start to interpret it in an abstract way, you will never look at it as superficially again... although it will always kind of look mesy/ Get it? but to others it will always look like a big splochy mess. instead of an intricate and balanced work. This would be the second time i have written off the spectral label only to end up really enjoying it. (over looking matthew dear 1 and 2 was my first mistake) Take the Kandinsky challenge if you dont believe me. Pick the record up and drop it on your decks and crank it up loud.

Tank- Bite before u bark: What can I say. Im a huge fan of Voorn and will support whatever he dips into until he drops his last track. Both the two tracks live up to my lofty expectations. his work is similarly deceivingly deep. Beware those of you that like to stick to the conventional detroit techno/house tempo's between 115-135. One track beats at 150 and im guessing one hits around 100. but I don''t care, my bpms stretch the map, im just giving some folks a heads up. Some tight electro beats that make me want to jack! Long live the king.

Run Stop Restore - Minus: Most minus records bore me to slumber. Im a late bloomer, been in the know only for a few years, but this is the first track on minus i've really loved. (Send all complaints and threats to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ) if you like perlon, check out the first track on this record and you'll see what i mean. brilliant layering of vocals and a really shadowy feel.

too tired to look at computer much longer. I just wanted to tell ya'll about a few newreleases just because i like to give back to the community I take from :)
2004- underground vinyl in full effect
peace
-j