I just picked up the "Pieces of the Afro" ep on Psychostasia and on
first listen, had one of those spine-chilling feelings I was listening
to a future classic. "Men of Spirit" and "Simply Ask" are just so
wonderfully sublime. To my ear, Men of Spirit references the soulfulness
of Theo/KDJ, but has an electronic warp edge to it - that drum breakdown
towards the end of the track flips the lid. Every time I think Detroit
is caught up in a style loop, I hear something like this and become a
believer again in the holy musical gospel that is detroit.

There isn't much info about the guy online, other than the fact that he
was/is Transmat's DJ, so perhaps a more knowledgeable person can tell me
more. Is everything he does as magical as this?

-sasha