RE: performing

I make no great claim to any sort of charisma, and when I'm performing my
head is definitely into trying to make what I'm doing sound good. On the other
hand I've always tried to have at least some sort of visual spectacle as
part of my sets. My last set I made salad on stage, sampling the sound of the
knife on the cutting board. I then had an assistant serve the audience bowls
of salad.  I also play percussion and guitar as part of my sets.

RE: Ergonomic setups

If you don't want to take potluck for performance setups it probably is a
good idea to bring your own stands or something. When Shawn Rudiman played
here we rummaged around on stage for boards and cinderblocks, and Shawn built
a multitiered setup that put his gear setup all within easy reach. It was
like a jet cockpit.