coincidentally, I got this through this morning if anyone's
interested......

teehee, Johnny Abstract : )

"Hi everyone,

I'm sending out the invites to the launch party of my film for Urbis

'The Sounds Of Two Cities'

DJ's on the night will be Richard Sealing and Johnny Abstract.
There will be drinks and canapes too.

Here's a little background on the film...

The Sounds of Two Cities

Manchester  ?  cobbled  streets,  rain,  Manchester United, cotton, Lowry's
smoky factories, Coronation Street and music.

An  outsider's  image  of  Manchester  can  often  be confused by a clichéd
caricature  that  the  city is increasingly getting away from. Although one
thing  that  does  remain  constant in Manchester is an element of the city
which  is  constantly  developing  itself  without need for a 'regeneration
program' or a makeover from Urban Splash, and that's the city's music.

Manchester  has  always  been synonymous with great music, from the sixties
beat  groups, The Hollies, Herman's Hermits, The Bee Gees, through to Stone
Roses,  The  Happy  Mondays, Badly Drawn Boy, 808 State, Oasis, The Smiths,
Elbow,  New  Order?   It  doesn't take a genius to see Manchester's uncanny
knack of producing the constant gift of musical talent. In 1964, Manchester
had  more  bars and clubs per capita than anywhere else in the world and in
1991  Manchester  had the largest student population in the UK, the reason?
Music.

Mention the word 'Detroit' to anyone with even a slight interest in popular
culture, and the first thing they think about is music (perhaps also cars).
Manchester  and Detroit have more than passing similarities, both have been
triumphant  world  leaders in industry, both have an image of gritty 'real'
places,  cities with passion, with a heart,  exporting heartfelt music such
as  The  Smiths,  The  Motown strings' life-affirming sadness, both born of
pride,  frustration,  hope  and  despair. You could hardly say the same for
Peterborough and Little Rock, Arkansas could you?

Tony Wilson thinks the cities should be twinned, hmmnn.

As  a fan of the sounds of the two cities I wanted to find out exactly what
it is about these places that spawn such awesome musical talent - surely it
couldn't  be  a  happy  accident?  Does creativity breed creativity through
influence?  Hopefully  the documentary gives us further insight and answers
some  of  these  questions,  whilst  providing  a  celebratory  reminder of
something both places have to be incredibly proud of.

In  'The  Sounds  of  Two  Cities' I wanted to show and explore the endless
similarities  between the two Cities, focussing on the impact Detroit music
has  had  on  Manchester's music performers past and present. One thing was
prevalent  whoever  I  spoke  to,  and  that was a total admiration for the
pioneering  producers  and  artists  from  Detroit, George Clinton's P-Funk
sound,  Diana  Ross, boy genius Stevie Wonder, Iggy Pop's proto punk music,
Holland  and  Holland,  Lamont,  Dozier,  the creators of the Motown sound,
Derrick May, Juan Atkins, the inventor's of Detroit Techno.

If  you're  looking  for  a  City  with  serious credentials musically then
Detroit HAS to be first on the list.

Also  in  the film, I wanted to look at how and weather the surroundings of
the cities in question affected the music of these performers, to which one
of the subject's in the Documentary replied 'Have you heard Detroit Techno?
It SOUNDS like Detroit'

"Oh Manchester, so much to answer for"
(The Smiths 'Suffer Little Children' 1984)

"There  are  a lot of reasons we feel proud of our City, there are no jobs,
but  we stay strong" (Smokey Robinson & The Miracles 'I Care About Detroit'
1967)

Elliot Eastwick"

This     e-mail    is    sent    by    the    above    named    in    their
individual,      non-business      capacity      and      is     not     on
behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

PricewaterhouseCoopers     may     monitor     outgoing     and    incoming
e-mails    and    other    telecommunications    on    its    e-mail    and
telecommunications    systems.    By    replying   to   this   e-mail   you
give your consent to such monitoring