>Absolutely - part of the fun at Sonar is checking
out all the acts=20
>you've never heard of during the daytime, drinking
beer in the sunshine=20
>and just hanging out. The night-time events are
fine if you like huge=20
>cavernous aircraft-hangers and banging techno,
but it can be a bit=20
>much...

thanks for the tips.  yeah, i have a bit of trepidation
about the overwhelm factor of it all, but hell - jeff
mills and richie hawtin?  i'm there.  i've only gotten
to see jeff mills once, at the demf last year.  had to
miss his set in l.a. this year due to other
commitments (sob!).

>...and don't forget to allot some time to check out
Barcelona. It's an
>amazing city. Missing a trip up the Sagrada
Familia would be criminal, to
>name but one of many unmissable things to
see/do there.

oh, hell yeah.  i was in barcelona 12 years ago and
went to sagrada familia, parc guell... actually, i had
really bad blisters and so spent a lot of time
hanging out in parc guell, resting my feet.  this time
i plan to see more of gaudi's buildings, and also
head out to montserrat (again).  that's one of the
reasons i asked about daytime, actually, since i
want to make sure i do some sightseeing while i'm
there.... anyone ever been there for the bonfires for
summer solstice?

monikat