Thats electric "little fluffy clouds" counterpoint, right?
awesome track, specially when the bassline comes in at the end

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Duke Cognition Audioworks
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: woensdag 19 mei 2004 17:11
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Blackman, Ryan (UKEKT); 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) EMS on Satamile was RE: (313) Oliver Ho/radio playlist -
15/5/04

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 8:23 AM
To: Blackman, Ryan (UKEKT); 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) Oliver Ho/radio playlist - 15/5/04

>I have the new album too, are you speaking about track 4??

Yes, it sounds like it has an excerpt of Electric Counterpoint, the
Reich piece composed for/performed by Pat Metheny - a deeply 'techno'
composition for those that haven't heard it - also a wonderful
creation that I'd recommend to anyone.

BTW, I also got sent an electro record by EMS (on Satamile), it said
in the press release that he builds all his own synthesisers etc from
the transistor up!

***EMS is New York's Stephen Machnowski.  Yes, he does build his own
gear (check http://electromusic.com).  I'm based in Halifax Nova
Scotia Canada and, because of Stephen's international reputation for
building and
modding, I sent my 606 all the way to New York to him to rework about 5 or 6
years ago.
Stephen's work is equivalent to the work done by the Devilfish crew
in Australia (http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/) who were known
back in the day for modding Richie Hawtin's 303s.  Hope this helps.
Take care. Andrew Duke

I was quite impressed by this, but couldn't really
detect any noticeable difference in the music itself.

Does anyone know anyone else who does this? The only person I could
think of is Aphex.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is solely intended for
the person/legal person to whom it  has been sent, and as it may contain
information of a personal or confidential nature, it may not be made public by
virtue of law, regulations or agreement. If someone other than the intended
recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail communication,
he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or duplicate it. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to inform the sender of
this e-mail message of this immediately, and to destroy the original e-mail
communication. Neither Randstad Holding nv nor its subsidiaries accept any
liability for incorrect and incomplete transmission or delayed receipt of this
e-mail.