hello

3rd of the recent batch of New Religion 12"s came last week. It's by Sonic Insomniac and is excellent - very 313 in flavour, I suspect it will appeal to a lot of people on this list.

The production credit is to one Dave Ball, my question is, is this the same Dave Ball of Soft Cell/The Grid/Psychic TV/Kylie fame?

Alex - can you shed any light on this?

Also, the Jazzanova mix is really good, a proper 'mix' if that makes any sense (probably not)? The programming is brilliant. If anyone wants a copy I'm up for a CD swap (don't do the soulseek thing as yet I'm afraid).

here's last Friday's playlist

CHILLED OUT PASSION - Friday nights 1-4am GMT on PASSION 107.9FM, OXFORD
Live Webcast http://www.passion1079.com

22/5/04                 1-4am
De La Soul              Me Myself and I (Instrumental)          Tommy Boy
Oliver Ho               Burnt Sienna                            Meta
Dopplereffekt           Scientist                               Gigolo
Renegade Sound Wave     Thunder                                 Novamute
Blotnick Brothers       Masheen Song                            Satamile
Sonic Insomniac         Dimensional Focus                       New Religion
Kenny Larkin            Fake French (Merci Detroit)             Peacefrog
Nu Era                  Some Think Electronically               Twisted Funk
Quadrant                Hyperprism                              R&S
Andi Orange & Ha.te Barcelonetta                            Festplatten
Yabby You               Conquerng Lion (Smith & Mighty Mix) Select Cuts
Claro Intelecto         Chicago                                 Ai
Ron Trent               Morning Warehouse                       Peacefrog
MIX BY JAZZANOVA
Dimlite                 Sponsored By The Alphabet
Jazzanova               Love Beats
Umod                    Still Afraid
Talib Kweli             Get By (Blackbeard Edit)
Stereolab               The Man With 100 Cells
Beanfield               Tides (Soulpatrol Mix)
Ame                     Ojomo
John Arnold             Inside (Mr Scruff Mix)
Odyssey                 Battened Ships
Jay-Z                   Encore
Nightmares On Wax       70s 80s (Roots Manuva Remix)
Dope Skillz             Naxemena
Earl Coleman            What You Gonna Do
Kahuun                  Trampoline
Outlines                Matter Of Time
Jazzanova               Let Your Heart Be Free
END OF MIX
Murcof                  Maiz (Jan Jelinek Mix)                  Leaf
Wagon Christ            Shadows                                 Ninja Tune
Rhythm & Sound w. Tikiman   Never Tell You                  Burial Mix
Iration Steppas meets Dennis Rootical   Kilimanjaro             Iration Steppas
The Skatalites          Herbsman Dub                            Motion
Barry Brown             Release The Chains                      Rockers
Carl Bradley            Slipping Into Darkness                  PK
Sixtoo                  Chewing On Glass                        Ninja Tune
Mara Carlyle            Baby Bloodheart                         Accidental
Top Rocking             Le Module                               Q-Tape
Mellow                  A Place For Meditation                  Atmospheriques