(sorry if this is a double post - I didn't see it go the first time)

>I'd say the above - but what do I know? And - even if it hasn't manifested

>in your neighborhood - the economy (where it benefits first...in corporate

>coffers anyway) IS doing better.

true however we did a sure fire job of scaring off Ford Motors (recall
"Ford F*ckus" anyone?)
so you could imagine large corporations with full coffers are a bit
skittish about sponsoring a festival where they're not sure if they are
going to hit their target market or *get hit* by their targeted market.
So if we want corporations to sponsor the festival we better put up with
more logos. Because that's what they'll want (probably).

>>Derrick can take all the business classes in the world but if nobody is
>>going to give up some money to support Movement - it ain't going to
happen
>>again.
>
>>How long do we hold onto our checks before there isn't another festival?

>Agreed - most definitely.
>It's just a drag that the movers and shakers in the high places can't pony

>up like they seem to do for Hoedowns, Tastefests, etc.

If the movers & shakers in high places don't see the value of the festival
- are we going to sit here and agree with them that it doesn't deserve
money and attention?
When the hell has the techno community ever relied on the people in power
to get something done?
The music and the "scene" has always been rather DIY so why not the
festival (at least until they wake up)?

sorry to sound like a f*cking high school cheerleader but I want to be able
to go to Movement next year and the next...

In the end it's our festival

do we want it to happen or not?

MEK

PS - I'm interested to know, how many people bought the VIP passes?