I had no idea there were other people from DC/MD on this list! I'll echo the praise, and add that I hope the crowd response from Friday will convince the Buzzlife folks to book more techno in the future. They already have Miss Kitten & Selway coming next month...
--
Tim Moore

On Jun 12, 2004, at 5:56 PM, LR T wrote:

I was there as well and agree, it was a great night. They were both here last summer (well in Baltimore) at a July 4th party and it was so-so. I think that was part of the Control tour and had a very different sound/feel. But last night they were both on and played great tracks. Ritchie played hard, reminded me of his sets from a few years back. Banging. Magda pulls out the coolest tracks, her style is unique and was a great way to start out the night.

Still smiling about getting too see both of them two weekends in a row, first Mutek and then back home in DC. Unfortunately that will probably be it for techno here for a looong time.
Lara

From: Arturo Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) Ritchie and Magda last night in D.C.
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:14:48 -0400

Hey, just wanted to say that the Ritchie and Magda show last night here in DC went really well. We don't get to see either of these two around here very often (I think the last time Ritchie played here was like 3 years ago), so this was a real treat for us. You detroiters get spoiled with the quality of music you have access to :) If you are anywhere near any of the locations for this Minimize/Maximize tour, you should really make an effort to come out. -Art