Before I put it up for grabs on EBay I thought I'd try to find a good home
for it amongst the 313 list first:

I'm selling an ultra-rare EMU Proteus 2500 module in excellent/like new
condition (never taken out of the studio since coming out of it's box) with
currently updated software and all original manuals, and downloaded and
printed addendums for software updates, *AND* the Pure Phatt ROM installed
(the same sound set as the Planet Phatt/Mo' Phatt/MP7 workstation/and the
synth version whose name I cant think if at the moment). So you get The
Proteus 2500 with the Mo' Phatt module built in for the low price of $650
USF. The first buyer takes home this beautiful and amazing workstation and
gets a great deal.

from the EMU website:

Proteus 2500 - the most powerful, versatile and tweakable sound module ever
created for studio and stage.
New processor - three times faster than the Proteus 2000 for even tighter
MIDI timing
24-bit DAC's - deliver the most pristine sound quality ever
USB port - effortless uploading/downloading of sequences and updating OS
16 Track Sequencer - record in real-time, step and grid modes (Plays/Exports
SMF's)
Over 100 syncable synth parameters per preset - total control of your sounds
Over 30 programmable knobs and buttons - immediate, hands-on control over
all synth/mixing parameters and all of your external MIDI gear
128 Voice Polyphony - plays back your most massive sequences with ease
Expandable to 128 MB of internal sounds using any Proteus expansion ROM

more info here:
http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=1084&category=627&maincatego
ry=627

sean deason