Anyone been listening to this guy?
I got Apothecary Rx and I'm finding it quite hypnotic

wondering how his other work has been - anyone read his literature?

apparently he worked with Ron Trent on "Lamentations" EP on Giant Step
records

Washington Times review:
"Carl Hancock Rux is the kind of guy metro-hipsters swoon over...he's a man
of many hyphens: poet-playwright-novelist-rapper. Yes, rapper. Not that
these multiple roles are mutually exclusive ?Rux is bookish rather than
thuggish. With his focus on the identity crises and dysfunctions of the
black diaspora, he's a mixture of protest-rapper Chuck D. and public
intellectual Cornel West.Thankfully, he's a much better rapper than Mr.
West.  Ponder the parallel meaning and economy of "born so in the womb" and
"torn so in father's room," for instance (Track 2; "Me"). Mr. Rux also
boasts a rich singing baritone, too. Listen to his Afro-Caribbean word-rush
("I Got a Name") to orchestral Celtic R&B ("Fanon"). It took Mr. Rux five
years to release this frenetically catholic album, an indie-label follow-up
to his major-label debut "Rux Revue." Like the latter, "Apothecary RX" is
restless and relentless, mingling jazz, blues, soul, rock in a salad of
hip-hop, dub and techno beats."RX" isn't quite so heavy on old-school funk
and blues as "Revue" was, but Mr. Rux and co-producer Stewart Lerman (Dar
Williams, Black 47) nonetheless keep the album rooted solidly between town
and country.Sometimes "RX" is too dazzling for its own good, but there are
enough moments here where more really is more."