IMO, Rother has been recycling the same ideas over and over. I've been
listening to samples of his music online for a few hours now and it all
sounds the same.
The man is tapped out of ideas. If he was a beer keg he'd be all foam now.

MEK

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      t.net                    To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:       313@hyperreal.org

                      07/22/04 06:42 PM        Subject:  (313) anthony rother

his new record, popkiller, is terrible.  The songs themselves are alright,
if a little redundant considering his body of work.   But then he went and
put vocals on top of all of them, ah, his vocals make richie's vocals on
closer seem deep.  Techno guys should probably never add their own vocals
on their records. Luke Slater another good cause in point.    Maybe having
a sample of somebody else saying something would be alright, I like and
play alot of music with distorted and messed up vocals/call & response.
But I sort of don't want to know techno guys take on poetry, love, or
mysticism.  Well I have to take that half way back, I can take Dj rush's
meandering babble any day.  Generally let the music speak for itself.
tom