I've never actually seen anyone describe what the "wild pitch"
sound is, but I certainly know it when I hear it, and it's a central
part of my DJ style.  There are dozens of records with something
of that sound, most don't have the "wild pitch" name since Pierre
more or less had the franchise, but what I like about it is it's
anthemic without being completely cliche.  Although it can
definitely veer off into cheese.

I miss the days when the market for house music was a lot more
wide-ranging than now.  Sure, there's a lot of variety in what's
in the record bins, but just listen to the stale identikit dreck that
usually gets played.

fh