some lovely vinyl arrived with the postie this morning, initial thoughts:

Bastedos 001 + 002

Nice long edits of Sylvester 'Ring of Gold' and Yello's 'Bostich' (Bastedos 001), and Prince's 'America' and Tantra's 'Hills'. OK so the edit hype is dying down now (hmmm or is it?) but i like the way these are done. Remove all the noodly bits and get more of a groove on.

Omar S - FHXE #1 Oasis

We probs all know how this sounds now...nice and hypnotic house music (with a nice little loop on the other side). First in a series apparently.

Rako Dragonbreath - Jumpin 2 Conclusions ep - Black Label

Wicked wicked modern electrofunk. Best thing I've heard yet on BL. 6 cuts, the title track with a great vocal probs the pick of the bunch, Defeckt and Channel a close epic slow driving second.

Blake Baxter - Poetry and Rhythm - Mix

Two Abe Duque produced tracks, one a cover of What's Going On and the other a great house track (Forbidden Fruit) with the 'Blake 4 Love' bit halfway through, but not before he's described his perfect woman. Ace. Crown Prince of Sextronica? :)

Abe Duque/ Blake baxter - What Happened? - Abe Duque 7

We've talked about this before, 3 tracks, two acid house (one of them the title track, hmm ok it's more dbx style than acid) and a more straightforward house track on the flip (Disco Nites). All with Blake's excellent vocals. Just been repressed so get em while u still can.