I saw a bit of Holy Mountain at the weekend, but was too
out of it to properly take it in. Very intriguing though,
I'll need to give it another try.

Alejandro Jodorsky was originally going to film Dune,
before it got handed over to David Lynch. It would have
been really interesting to see what he'd have made of it!

I also recently read an interview with Jodorsky in which
he says that the only American film of the last few decades
that he can be arsed with is the "amazing" Starship Troopers,
which he describes as an "art film". I am definitely with
him on that one - Starship Troopers is a criminally underrated
masterpiece, IMO, and it's good to know I've got some back-up
from an art-house heavyweight such as Jodorsky :)

Brendan