On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Robert Taylor wrote:

> I just know that it is a CD only release and is on Modern Love - dunno
> if it is out yet (http://www.discogs.com/release/241640) It looks like
> it is a compilation rather than an album proper but it hangs well as
> an album.

  One Third Standard Lux contains tracks from Bitstream's first outings on
Signal in addition to a few unreleased ones. There is no way I could
recommend this as much as I'd like, I'vee been following the Conner
brothers' output on various labels since the Signal releases. Other
releases on Modern Love (with the exception of Special Blends Volume One)
are similar, too, and I highly recommend them as well. The latest offering
on the label, Il.Ek.Tro's White Void EP is an absolutely fabulous release
from the archives of Daz Quayle and Carl A. Finlow. I had the pleasure of
hearing Finlow do a live set at this year's Koneisto
(http://www.koneisto.com/) - his live set as Silicon Scally is very
energetic, sadly a bit lacking on his fantastic use of exquisite melodies
and string layers - nevertheless, I was very, very happy to finally have
caught him live.

  Cheers,
--
nuutti-iivari meriläinen   gordon at diversion dot org
http colon slash slash www dot diversion dot org slash