so now i'm listening to the Broken Soul full-length
thanks to slsk (but no worries-- I'm buying this one
as soon as it hits on vinyl).

freakin' awesome beats-- i think a good progression
from the Diggin in Brownswood EP. maybe it's just me,
but with some bnb stuff, i can't really feel the
groove and it feels like jazzy IDM/breakcore, but a
lot of these tracks are really pretty housey but
without the explicit 4/4 kix, snare, hats (if that
makes any sense and doesn't sound totally
obvious/stupid).

a question: i know a lot of the Madlib stuff is fairly
sample-based. How about the DJ Rels & Monk Hughes
records? I am certainly not intimate with the whole
Pharoah Sanders back catalog, but haven't recognized a
single sample on either album. Anyone else?