On Sep 6, 2004, at 4:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Has anyone heard Deshran from Metro Area dj before?
I have this hot Metro Area mix cd from a while back, but dunno which one of
them it is.   What can we expect? Rare boogie jams? or....

not only that, but that's definitely a part of it. it's that plus everything else, Dar and Morgan kill it everytime. They just played Saturday here at SmartBar again (their loose 'residency' of sorts) and they connect all the dots of great electronic music, you can hear things from raw early-era chicago jack trax, electro from DJ Unknown to detroit-era Cybotron stuff to Kraftwerk to YMO, to Moroder, you'll hear big synthesized crazy 808 italo, and then proper underground NY electronic disco and weird things cut straight for a dancefloor system.

A few months ago Morgan was here and ended with a 3 detroit exclamation points: A Rhythim-Is-Rhythim track, an R-Tyme track, and Fix - Flash. People lost it. So i wouldn't just peg them as boogie/disco DJs. :) I mean, he has tracks on 7th City and all.. the man has an ear for 313 techno-ey sounds in everything he plays. Metro Area records have real techno sensibility in the best drum programming and synth sounds out there, IMHO, even if the tempos are a little slower. Oh yeah, and then there's that part of the live strings...

if you love electronic dance music, attention to production details and can take a little melody, you won't want to miss either Darshan or Morgan if them come thru the UK to play some plates. Alex - you in particular would probably get your head re-wired. :)

Also later in October Morgan is returning to Chicago and DJing with (the ever-radiant and now a Berlin-er) Mr. Danny Wang!

peace

--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com