I think it's silly to compare - like saying who is more beautiul J Lo or
Halle Berry or, um, Christy Turlington?
Like saying who is the best rapper of all time - this person or this person.
Art is not a sport.
I don't think this is the place to play divide and conquer - even
unwittingly. I very much doubt that there is any of that negativity.
On a global level these awards, while symbolic, count for little - the
records are the legacy and all three have made some incredible music and
influenced many worldwide. No one can dispute that.

> i was keepin quiet, but this is a f**king travesty.
>
> what has juan done besides make some special records 20 YEARS AGO!!!
>
> derrick and kevin deserve this award, because they've put their time,
> energy and $$$ into making the Detroit festival happen. but no matter what
> they do, they'll forever be tied to juan- the man who couldn't even make
> his DEMF gig (and hundreds of other gigs)
>
> The man who as recently as this summer blew off throwing the opening pitch
> at a tigers game and i believe skipped the Metro times Motor City Music
> Awards after they flew him to Detroit to recieve a lifetime achievement
> award.
>
> Sure, the guy made some influential records. So friggin what. If I were
> Derrick or Kevin, i'd be disgusted, that after all their recent efforts,
> they still have to share the spotlight with a person who has done nothing
> to benifit the city in the past decade.
>
> All because some European idiots with too much time on thier hands and a
> collection of ancient texhno wax felt that made them experts on Detroit
> civics.
>
> friggin shame

---

> Hi Yussel... First let me say you that if you can keep polited your post, it
> will be more valuable and respectable.
>
> In place of a 'Stupid European', let me explain you why your post is a total
> non-sense.
>
> 1/ Since 20 years now, Techno music is submited to us 'stupid europeans' as a
> style
> invented and developped by Mr Juan Atkins, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson.
>
> 2/ Money put into Movement by Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson is not the
> subject. Not anymore than Juan Atkins is present or not at some partys/events.
>
> 3/If you read carefully the letter writing for the guestbook in support to
Juan
> Atkins,you will find the reach point of this support. Juan Atkins was excluded
> from this 'awards' due to his location. Not due to his participation or not to
> the Techno music in Detroit or anywhere in the world since twenty years or one
> year.
>
> 4/The recent efforts of Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson are totally
respectable
> and we are (stupid europeans) in admiration on their job to keep Detroit
> Movement festival alive. Again, it's totally out of the subject.
>
> 5/They will be disgusted to share the award with Juan Atkins? Since the
begining
> of Techno Music, they was not 'disgusted' to share the spotlight with the
title
> of 'originators' and this title is certainly a part of their success and the
> 'international achievment'. Even if it's a minimal part.
> And again, BIG RESPECT to Juan Atkins, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson.
>
> And I'd like to remember you that 'stupid europeans' have done a lot for
Detroit