-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 September 2004 00:45
To: Thomas D. Cox, Jr.
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Regis

>oddly...

>while hood and mills have both moved on from loop bangers in their
production
>it still seems to be the primary focus of their dj sets
>at least what i've heard the past few years.

and while Mr. May may say (whew!) "I have to redefine the concept of techno
every time I play because people come in expecting... hard edged abrasive
intrusive, into-the-cortex type music while I'm coming from a really
melodic, rhythmic high tech soul angle..." I'd describe the stuff he's
played the last couple of times I've seen him as more on the hard edged than
high tech soul tip, which is a shame as I'd love to see him doing the soul.

Maybe I just don't geddit.