On 22-sep-04, at 17:10, jason kenjar wrote:

Weakness = Very clubby sounding, complete with excessive vocals and a knack for repeating chorus lines. KSR "somedays" is on the album and I'm not into Lorne's material. Did I also see Blackwater on that LP? jeesh. Enough already.

I really like these vocal tracks, and even the first O1 track had vocals on it. This version of Someday is totally different, it is an extremely typical Octave One track with vocal from Ann Saunderson on top. I personally like the fact that they did put it on there, that is what is going to sell it to the audiences outside the underground scene and above all, i think that without Blackwater this album would never have been made.

Over all, Im looking forward to the release, I certainly won't pass it without a listen. But from the few songs I have heard, as well as the recent eps, this release hasn't convinced me that its of quality equal to many of 0-1s previous releases, or the RNG releases (the live mix on the Mills DVD was incredible). "Perhaps" because the increased involvement of Lorne. Lorne was 9 years old when he watched his older brothers create Day by Day, it's obvious that the real talent flows within the older brothers. I'm not hating, but I just wouldn't put him alongside his brothers in terms of having the gift. At least not from what I've already heard by him, but maybe he'll surprise me on this new releases? I still really hope Lawrence and Lenny go a few tracks alone on this one. I could use some new (old) Octave One ;)

I have not listened to all of Lorne his material but I really do like the first 3 KSR releases!

KJ