this didn't seem to make it the first time. second try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stoddard, Kamal
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 9:47 AM
To: 'placid'
Cc: 313 List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: (313) USA Boycott

i've just had a good second glance at the thread as well and to be quite
honest, the first time i read this I thought most of his boycott talk was
coming not from a "the EU effed it up so stop supporting them" standpoint, but
more of a " we effed it up by not supporting our own, so now we're gonna start
setting an example" point of view. on subsequent reads, i can fully understand
the offence taken by the eu massive. there were things there obviously better
left unsaid. My feelings on the matter is if their motivation was to set an
example of support for US artists, it could've been better worded. I agree
however,  with what i believe to be their essential point, that more american
labels, promoters, agencies, etc need to be more conscious of the balance of
support they give if they want techno to survive here. of course not to the
point of exclusion mind you. to all the EU on here, I wouldn't let it get to
ya. if you're from the EU and his descriptions don't apply to you, t!
 hen they probably don't apply to you. :)

hope there's not a US boycott, i still need some spain dates for 2005. ;)

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems

 "Bebop was about change, about evolution. It wasn't about standing still and
becoming safe. If anybody wants to keep creating they have to be about change."