I'm not even sure if it's an issue of "fault". It's just the way markets evolve.

I've sent out demos to lots of labels, and the ones who've responded with interest happened to all be in Europe. I'd be happy to release music on US labels. But if my music isn't what they're looking for, so be it. I never though of it in terms of US VERSUS Europe.

Besides, European labels are bleeding cash as well. The problems aren't just in the US. They seem to be in the whole industry.

--
Dennis DeSantis
www.dennisdesantis.com

Redmond, Ja'Maul wrote:
Is all of this political/geographical stuff a response to the downfall
of Techno in america? Because if it is, it's pointed at the wrong region. The problems we're
having here have been caused by americans, not europeans. I'm a producer
and not d.j. so I'm not talking in those terms. Don't get me wrong,, I
also get upset when I see an american name on a european/german label
for export prices. But is that Europe's or germany's fault. Hell No.
It's our fault.

It's too late to go inward,,actually I'm not even sure what that means?
Are these artist only going to release on american labels? Are these
artist only going to tour america only,,at reduced cost in some
instances. I'm a little confused by it all.