Okey dokey.
A lazy sunday, bit of work, lazing about, listening to records.
So, attempting to redeem myself after throwing a benny on here the other
day, I bring you the return of the BBB record review 'club'.

B. Borrowed
B. Begged
B. Bought

As you can see, my boycott of US records lasted around 24 hours.
I am clearly a man of great principles, who never loses his head in the
heat of an argument.

; )

There's alot of other good stuff around I see. But this is all I've managed
to get my hands on.
All new, and available in to buy in October.

October Chart:

1. Juan Atkins "Fast Forward EP" New Religion
2. Clashing Egos "Aminjig Nebere - Joakims Afrobot Mix" LEA
3. Aardvark "Cult Copy Pt2" Rushhour
4. The Godson "Soul Edge EP Pt 2" Still Music
5. Heiroglyphic Being "" Axis
6. Matt Chester "Into The Fall EP" 11th Hour

Clashing Egos feat. Minyeshu Kifle "Aminjig Nebere (I trusted you)" :
Joakim's Afrobot Mix : Life Enhancing Audio

Life enhancing audio indeed. Paris' hottest electronic man right now brings
us yet another fine remix, this time for Belgian
label LEA. The underlying 4/4 beat throughout the track takes you through a
mid tempo journey of various influences:
The quirkyness of YMO stlye melodies, through deep toms out of africa
sprayed across some sections, to finally
finishing up on the blissed out vibe of early 90's UK house. This must be
at least his 4th record this year that is totally
unmissable. And, if you missed it, don't forget his mix of Max Berlin's
Elle & Moi, which I can only describe as a
'naughties' style version of the Frankie Knuckles classic "Your Love". I
guess his stuff isn't everyone's bag, but it's
definitely mine.

Aardvarck : Cult Copy Pt 2 : w/Carl Craig Edit : Rushhour

The follow up to last years pt.1 was worth the wait. As heavy as the first,
this will undoubtly be getting alot of play
all over the world on the tougher dancefloors. It's a perfect example of a
good heavy club record. Not sure which side
is who's, both sides based around a bassline sample that is really
familiar, probably on a record I own and can't be arsed
to look for. (I had a feeling it was Gino Soccio, but don't think so).
Heavy intricate drum patterns make this a definite
future dancefloor smash. The A side comes in tougher and has a much rawer
feel. Littered with reverse edits, and other
little tricks, it's probably the more 'instant' side. Side B could be Carl
Craig's, the breaks kind of remind me of him,
but if this is his version, it's a bit more polished and, in typical style
goes slightly crazier towards the end. I'm
leaning towards the A side at the moment, but my mind tends to change every
12 hours or so. Highly recommended.

The Godson "Soul Edge EP Pt2 " Still Music

Not bought this yet, but heard enough flicking through a friends promo copy
to be able to recommend it. Review later.
3 tracks of the best detroit style house. Euro verdict? Check, Tip! etc : )

Heiroglyphic Being "From The Beginning To Eternity/From The Birdsongs for
Amelie" Axis Mission 02

Good melodic deep abstract techno doesn't come along too often, which is
why this release is one to savour. Jamal Moss
goes Millsart style on the A, prompting me to almost wonder if this was a
new alias for Mr Mills. All the same, this is
like Millsart at it's very best. It really is art. However it's the flip
that is catching my ear most. Reminds me very much
of Baruka's "Raver Of The Lost Funk", not in sound so much, but the same
abstract meandering structure that somehow creates
beautiful melody and draws you in every time you listen. Very highly
recomended again, it's pure art. Pure techno.
ONE THING THOUGH. I haven't bought a copy yet (my mate lent me his), and
it's f**ked. The pressing is so bad that it
distorts, I don't think you could play this out and get away with it. Check
before you buy, I hope they aren't all like
this, as this is a record you'll be going back to in 10 years.

Matt Chester : Into The Fall EP : 11th Hour Recordings

More ace deep techno, this time from new UK label 11th Hour. A1 and B2 are
the ones catching my ear. A1, "Defeat Me" is
instantly emotional, melodic techno of the type championed on the early Red
Planet records, or some Stacey Pullen
productions. Upbeat, and pleasant on the ear, I can't imagine that many
dancefloors would turn their back on this.
Excellent stuff, and backed up with three other strong tracks on this EP.
Other favourite of mine (B2), Blank Horizon,
is what I call the classic UK techno sound. Think the deep beats of A.R.T
or B12 etc, home listening electronics in that
strong UK tradition. Good start from this label. Look forward to more for
sure.

Juan Atkins : Fast Forward EP : New Religion

Can't really write a subjective review about this. But without going in to
some mad sh*t like it's techno like it
should be, blah blah blah, it's what I'm all about and all that rubbish,
I'll just ask you to go buy one. 4 tracks,
all ace, all slightly different style. but classic classic Juan Atkins. You
might as well just buy it, it's out 18th
October. If you don't like it, mail me, I'll personally a) tell you you
have rubbish taste in techno, and b) mail
you your money back.

Is your business ready for the new era of accounting? http://www.ifrs.co.uk

This e-mail is sent by the above named in
their individual, non-business capacity and
is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying
to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.