so here it is.

these messages going round about the state of techno and the community. techno brings people
together. true. but the picture's still messed up'. it makes me sad that so
many of my records come from detroit because i want that kind of music coming from my neighbourhood. trouble is its middle class conservative and they teach classical music and guitars at school.
they wouldnt know a kick drum if it kicked.
i want future kids producing techno that would wipe the floor with the streets or mis-teeq or whoever, proper music. from the heart. i remember living in bristol where full cycle put on shows. bristol organic. no detroit whatsover, but proper high tech soul nevertheless. and from a local collective who tried to develop their music in the community and teach kids how to play. even then, i dont even 'get'
why new forms was so popular.
i also think of stories about detroit - altered states being composed by ron trent as a fifteen year old or
james stinson inspired by hearing cybotron whilst on his bmx as a kid.

i dont think dj mani is really having a dig- i may be wrong. i think hes just sad about the future and where things are going. he may be very ignorant of the european scenes but even here i cant see a new wave of stasis clones unless there is more 'internal energy' and more kids being inspired by techno in the world around them.

no disrespect to anyone on the list. just a couple of cents in the pot.