really sad to hear.
massive respect to sonic groove!
 over the years they sold me some of my favourite records - well over a
thousand of them. many of the staff became my friends, and i had many many
fantastic nights at sonic groove parties.

without doubt the best record shop i ever visisted. they kept such a large
back catalogue that it was more like  a library than a record store. on one
side of the store was house, on the other techno. records were arranged by
country, and then alphabetically by label. for years, i spent whole
afternoons working through each letter in the alphabet listening to every
record in the shop. i cleared out their old school chicago and bass 'n
bleep collection.

thanks for the records, thanks for the good times.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             "Anton Banks
             \(313\)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                           To
                                       "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
             24/10/04 04:15 AM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         (313) Sonic Groove is closed!
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I can't believe that I'm writing this. Sonic Groove closed their doors
tonight. As fate would have it, I found myself being one of the last people
in the store. Apparently, their current inventory will be sold via their
website. After that, they're done...

Anton

Anton Banks
www.listen.to/mobius