Perhaps I'm pointing out the obvious, but every country in the world has a
deep history of oppression.

Speaking of oppressive regimes, I'm going to be in the UK in early
February for a gig, is there anyone else out there in the British Isles
would might be interested in having me DJ at their party? Please contact
me offlist, I can send you all the bio/discography stuff you might need. I
Dj/produce as "Ulysses" for those of you not familiar with my DJ handle.
www.scatalogics.com is the website.

BTW, Its a shame Sonic Groove has closed. Those guys are top notch, and
deserved to be in buisiness for centuries.

Re: Village Voice article: I know both Tricia Romano and Dave Turov. Dave
is currently residing in Berlin after living in NYC for several years. He
moved about a year ago, and just got himself a rare thing in Berlin these
days: a day job. Tricia has a day job, she's the club editor for the
Village Voice, and a sweetheart who is committed to the underground music
scene, what little there is left here.