I second Matt's choice of "New Day" by Round Two. I had that on
loud the other day, and that key change roughly halfway through,
just before the "we got a new day" line, sent shivers up my
spine the like of which I haven't felt since...

A few weeks ago I was round at someone's house and "New Day"
came on. Someone remarked that they didn't know what all the
fuss was about with "New Day". I had to resist the strong urge
to shout "Out!" and shove them out on to the street :)

Also, there's "Scorpio" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious
Five. A track that sounds like it was created in a semi-legal
funk research laboratory, way ahead of its time and devastating
when loud.

My third "play loud" selection is track B1 on Robert Hood's
"Protein Valve" EP, which sounds like something that might
have been dropped from Minimal Nation at the last minute
because it was simply too rude. Hood in full combative mode.

The final one is the vastly underrated "Explain the Style", also
by Robert Hood and on the Vision EP on Metroplex. Everyone goes
for "Detroit: One Circle" or "Spectral Nomad", but to me it's
the A2 cut that's the most devastating when played at a hefty
volume. I've never actually heard this deployed to full effect
in a club before, which is lucky as I'd probably experience a
red-out if I did...

Brendan