There's not a massive amount of difference really. "Explain
The Style" is a bit like a dub version of "Detroit...", with
one or two noises that also turn up in that B1 track (the
bubbly sound and the "troit!" sample). But "Explain The Style"
takes much longer to develop and its organ-like riff is
utterly sick. "Detroit..." sounds almost quite mellow or
colourful, but "Explain..." is absolutely furious, in that
understated manner unique to Hood's best productions.

Oh, and there's an extremely subtle phasing/gliding effect
on "Explain..." which isn't there on "Detroit...". Listen to
the former track really loud and it becomes extremely effective;
does my head in, at least!

Brendan