Friday November 19

***THE BUNKER***

DOWNSTAIRS: ~scape 5 Year Anniversary Tour

Deadbeat (~scape | Montreal) - live pa
Bus (~scape | Berlin) - live pa
Crackhaus (Musique Risquée, Mutek | Montreal) - live pa
DJ Meteo (Bus, ~scape | Berlin)
Secret Frequency Crew (Schematic | NYC)

We are proud to present the NYC stop of the ~scape 5 year
anniversary tour. ~scape is Stefan Betke's (aka Pole)
record label. There is a $5 cover tonight and we suggest
showing up early as capacity is limited and we are
expecting a large crowd.

Both Deadbeat full lengths on ~scape have been spun many
times in the early evening at the Bunker, and they usually
bring the trainspotters running up to find out what the
hell it is. Scott Monteith (aka Deadbeat) makes impossibly
deep digital dub that somehow avoids all of the dub cliches
and puts a fresh spin on the decades-old genre. As amazing
as the albums are, you really have to see the live set to
fully appreciate the sound.

Also appearing will be Crackhaus, which is Scott's other
project with fellow Canadian Stephen Beaupre. Their sound
will definitely appeal to fans of micro-house superstars
like Akufen and the Perlon crew, but they put their own
humorous spin on the genre.

Bus is Daniel Meteo and Tom Theil. They have released and
album and 2 EP's on ~scape, along with some other material
for Meteo's own Meteosound label. They are known for
bringing a hip-hop sound to dub, or maybe it's the other
way around.

Daniel Meteo of Bus is also a very fine DJ, and he will be
filling in the gaps along with Eggfooyoung of the Secret
Frequency Crew throughout the evening.

plus Resident DJs: Spinoza, kleverVice
visuals: Giles Hendrix

the Bunker
Fridays at subTonic
107 Norfolk Street
(212)358-7501
$5, 21+, 9p-4a

more info, upcoming guests, heavy rotation -
 http://www.klever.org/thebunkernyc