From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>i had a suprisingly positive experience.
>
>i got to play on WNUR in Chicago right before I moved, and
playing in a
>soundproofed room with excellent monitors and a nice vestax
rotery mixer
>was one of my best djing experiences. with i had it recorded.

ive played on a bunch of radio shows. best was probably at WYEP
pittsburgh, a public radio station. i played the late night friday
night show of a friend of mine, it was very hot. worst was
probably any of the too numerous to count times ive played on the
shows of various friends at WRCT, carnegie mellon's radio station.
they get good coverage with their signal which is the bomb
(compared to pitt's 1/2 mile or so radius!) but their monitors
have a couple second delay on them which made mixing something
that had to be done in the headphones before bringing the record
in on the air. very annoying. reading corny public service
announcements is the bomb though.

oh yeah, if you want a tip, here's one: leave "work that
motherf*cker", "work that sh*t", etc at home. i forgot about this
before the first time i ever played on radio and played some
rather offensive ragga jungle cut that had the show's host almost
sh*t his pants. so yeah, just leave all the curse word cuts at
home because in the heat of the mix you might forget and throw one
on the platter.....

tom

andythepooh.com