egads, not sure I can come up with a top ten as I haven't been buying much
this year (not as much as I'd like to)

so - those that I bought this year (of those that came out in 2004) in the
order I've been able to think of them

Panash (Pepe Bradock) - Unicorn (Atavisme)
DJ Bone - both RIDE and Physics (Subject Detroit)
Juan Atkins - Futurepast (because I haven't gotten Fast Forward yet)
(Subject Detroit)
Kenny Larkin - Let Me Think (Peacefrog)
Candi Staton -  Pepe Bradock Mixes (Honest Jon's)
Chateau Flight - Les Antipodes Versions Speciales (Versatile)
Abe Duque & Blake Baxter - What Happened (White)

damn - can't recall what else I've bought from this year.
will have to go home and pull some records.

MEK